Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #472
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

Walker - Thanks, had a great time in Del Mar. I should get some video up today. A 'stock' truck has bumpsteer, and the inner pivit is too high (or the outer is too low) In fact, the Hotchkis TVS kit comes with a fabbed centerlink for the steering to lower, and widen, the inner pivits. When you tip the spindle back, the outer pivit rises, and helps to cut down the bumpsteer. So, it can be more help than hurt.
Truechevytech Although I understand the politicaly correct crowd, I'm quite willing to call it as I see it, and let our shop reputation ride it out. That being said, the one thing you need to keep in mind is quality. You can use mostly stock parts, and upgrade to bags, like using Ride-Tech 'cool ride' kits. Shocks will be important, and the longer the better. Try Porters upper mount for the front, and our new rear kit. When it comes to controls, this is where you need to spend some coin. While you can use two dual needle guages, and four switches, use a TOP QUALITY valve block, RideTech, or AccuAir. Yes, you can use their digital diplays/controls if you want too, but that will push up the $$. A large air reserve is more important than multiple pumps. One ViAir 400 or 440 compressor, and a 5 gal tank (or two 2 or 3 gal) will be all you need. 1/4" inch line is fine, but I like 3/8" for a bit more speed on the 'up' stroke. Stay away from anything bigger, as it is tough to tune in to ride height.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!

Last edited by robnolimit; 04-06-2011 at 04:07 PM.
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote