View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 08:54 PM   #14
68w/sbc406
Got Light Emitting Diode?

all it is is two pieces of flat bar. the one that i welded to the latch part is 2 inch wide. it is at a upward angle so the motion is smoother, and straighter. if it is too long then it will hit the core support, i guessed too long and then ground it down just enough to clear it. i thought that it might need some kind of gusset but it was plenty stong with just the weld. then the piece that looks like square tube is 1 1/2 flat bar that i 'massaged' with a hammer and vise. i left the ends long so i could get the radius on there and also it be the right length to hole the cable in. so when i started it each upward end was 2 3/4 and the middle was 2 1/2. it puts the cable straight down and it then curves inbetween the core and radiator along the inner fender and in the cab through a hole that i drilled. it is still a pull on the cable but it is feasible, i should have tweeked the spring like putter did, then it porbably would have been an easy pull. clear as mud? next step, i am thinking about some kind of spring where the hood rubbers are so it will pop up when i pull it, maybe new hood hinges would help. let me know if you want any other pictures (maybe ones that are less blurry) and i will give it a shot.

'02 Chevy Silverado LT ext cab short bed 2WD 5/7 drop on 22's(the family car)

1993 Cherokee work ride/weekend wheeler