View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #51
Altec
Getcha Pull

Re: 1981/86 K10 Short-Bread

Hello all! Fiddled around. I spent most of the day battling with the pedals...

Messing with the pedal I figured out a couple things. Before I get into that a little back story. hydro booster linkage for whatever reason will not line up with the pedal... So first I tried shimming the booster to angle it. No go... So next I decide to pull the pedal out to get a better look. I notice there is in fact two holes in the pedal. One roughly a inch above the hole that has the mount for the factory linkage. Out of curiosity I put the pedal back in and stuck a bolt through the hole into the linkage. Before I get ahead of myself moving the linkage mounting point up makes the pedal travel further... Bad in most cases. So then I pressed the pedal as far as it would go and measured a common point on the fire wall to the pedal. After this I went out to my donor truck and also pressed the pedal all of the way and measured. Wouldn't you know that the pedal travel was roughly 1/2" FURTHER on the donor which has a factory vacuum booster. So I can only guess the factory hydro booster has a different travel then the vacuum booster? I really have no idea. If anyone has any insight I wouldn't mind! The booster is from a 1995 Vandura. Stupid me didn't grab the pedal from the van so I can't measure the throw on that.

Nothing really picture worthy there...

Found a couple heims I think I am going to use to make a new clutch pedal to bell crank rod.

Pulled the old center console piece out of the donor. It won't clear the manual though so I'm probably going to cut it.

I randomly stuck a set of new style center caps on my Outlaw wheels. Doesn't look to shabby! Thinking I might pick up a set of lug nuts to try them. I figured out you can get them in standard sizes. They are known as "Dual Thread" lug nuts.
'96 Integra

Last edited by Altec; 04-16-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote