View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #20
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 6 Lug Rear Disc with E-Brake Brackets

There are a couple reasons to turn down the axle flange. One as mentioned by PGSigns, is more wheel selection. Second is if you were to machine the rotors to fit the axle flange, you would have to pay to do this every time you need a new rotor. Granted it won't be that often that you will need to replace the rotors, but just machine the axle flange and only pay once for the machine work. Also as I mentioned in my original post, I recomend upgrading to the larger and longer 1/2" wheel studs. The axle needs to be removed to do this properly, so you might as well have the register on the axle flange turned down while they are out. The rotor is only about 3/16" thicker than the drum. The need for longer wheel studs will depend on the wheels being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoble View Post
instead of turning down the hub why couldn't a guy open up the hole in the rotor?

don't forget guys, you'll need longer studs as the rotor is much thicker than the face of the drum.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE