View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #162
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I've been having the same problem. I slowed the wire speed to the point where it wanted to melt itself to the tip. Speed it up enough to compensate & I get more 'peak' on the weld than desired. I didn't get a chance to try another gas mix to see if there might be some improvement.
I'm thinking less speed/more heat. We'll see. It may not be pretty, but it will do the job
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Do you have a link for the hanger bushings? I know of one source but other choices aren't a bad thing .
Cheapest I found them is a place called Hanksville Hotrods on eBay. Pretty sure they have a site, too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacfourteen View Post
Looking good! You have been making good progress, looks like the only major project left is to finish up the bed.
Thanks Looks like it! Hope to start on the bed next week- then it will be all loose ends from there...

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 04-19-2011 at 09:28 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote