View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #196
ChuckDriver
A320 Pilot/USAF Retired

Re: My long term 57 project

Thank guys for the comments and glad you like the truck!

Dan: I wish I could remember who made the rear sping kit, I have not seen it for sale anywhere since I bought it. Maybe I should try to reproduce it? It gives the truck a nice stance and a good ride. But I do need to swap out the shocks, I think they are to stiff. Maybe get some QA1 adjustable ones. I have thought about swapping it for a Fatbar setup from No-Limit, but would like to hear what other people think of it first.

I have not done anything with the suburban tubs, need to so I can cover up the frame.

Brake booster came from Master Power Brales in Mooresville, NC. Works great with the large rear drum kit and disc's on the front.

I made the battery box myself after seeing one on a truck at the shop that installed the clip.

Wiring harness from Ron Francis.

I would have to say that I've done 95% of the work myself, basically everything except install the clip.

It's been a learning experience that I'll never forget!

99 to life: The motor mounst are poly made by Energy Suspension, bought from Summit. I think the are pretty universal, seem to remember asking for ones for a 78 corvette maybe?

oldman3: Thanks!!

57pickupnewbie: Thanks! "ROSA" is looking nice too, just keep at it and you'll be riding in no time!

Jtrux: Thanks, I don't think it will ever be "finished", I like working on it to much.

Yukon: Thanks for the comments, I really like what you've done to both your 57 and 72, hope you are driving one soon!

Last edited by ChuckDriver; 04-22-2011 at 10:13 PM.
ChuckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote