View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #151
Mattman2010

Re: 85 GMC Sierra Classic 1 Ton Crew Cab

Well I finally got my tranny hump made. I decided that instead of welding it in I am going to make it bolt in.

After getting that done I wanted to make sure that the floor modification was what it needed to be, and that I was going to clear everything on the frame. I put my 84 cab onto the 85 frame and it is looking good! It is so tall!

Had to throw the front clip on to get an idea, also parked my k10 next to it to see the height difference.

So now I am going to get the tranny tunnel holes cut and all ready to be installed. I am going to be pulling the cab off one more time and set it on my dolly and get it into primer then set it back on the frame for final paint. I cant wait to get this thing done, it just looks so awesome!

I also noticed that I am going to have to get a lift kit for the front end because I am going to have quite a bit of rake. If you look back a few pages you can see that I mounted the front rear spring hangers lower than they are suppose to be on a stock k30. This gave me quite a bit of lift and so the front end is not level with the back.

Matt

1984 K30 CC Dually - "The Tank"
12V Cummins/Nv4500/Np205/D60/D70HD 4" lift & 37's
Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Mattman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote