View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #36
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Re: HG's Adjustable Track Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Thanks for posting that. Do you have a similar model using the typical aftermarket longer track bar for comparison? I've also been wondering how much difference the shock relocators make and if there is a more optimum position for the shocks based on my 3.5" static drop.
In regards to rear shock angles, check this link DIY Upper Rear Shock Relocation Brackets

Here is the data for the longer track arm that a just modeled this morning for ya'll. The longer bar helps, but not significantly. I am betting thats why GM never used them on these trucks.

I haven't been a big fan of these long bars simply because they aren't really needed on a street driven truck. Think about it. A stock 3/4 ton truck with stink-bug high rear end height, now fully load it down. Your street driven truck will never see more suspension travel than that, right?

Now if your running a rock crawling 4x4 with a lot of suspension travel like my buddy Tony's Bronco in the last photo below, the long track arm will make a whole lot of sense.

Image below is the frame is at ride height. Again, note angle of track bar in the following photos

Image below is fully bottomed out; frame is on the top of the rear axle tubes. (NOTE: This moves the axle to the right approx. 1/2" from the std. ride height position)

Image below is fully articulated, hanging left side, bottomed out on right side. (Note: This moves the axle to the right a negligible amount about 1/8")

Image below is fully articulated, hanging on right side, bottomed out on left side. (Note: This moves the axle to the right approx. 1/4" from the std. ride height position)

Here is a photo of an application of where a really long track bar yields the most benefit.... lots of articulation here:

Last edited by lakeroadster; 04-26-2011 at 02:59 PM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote