View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #43
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Re: HG's Adjustable Track Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Cool shock relocator brackets. I like those, not sure the lower ones on your truck are the same geometry as 67-72? anyway, I can send you some geometry of the parts I made for my longer "home made" track bar. I simply modified a stock bar and made a new mounting bracket HERE. I would sure like to see how far my rearend is going to shift from side to side when bottoming, tilting or raising out. thanks
The 60-66 lower brackets are superior in strength to the later design because it captures the shock on both sides.

In regards to axle movement I posted up a modified model using the longer track bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
not only that but home depot has the machines to cut thread..
and the adjuster (can't remember the name) just remove the eye hooks that come with them..
strong enough to chain stuff down it'll be strong enough here..
You're a braver man than I if you trust a Home Depot aluminum turnbuckle as a track arm adjuster. I have used the Home Depot Turnbuckles for around the house projects. The tapped turnbuckle threads are very loose thread form, not a good thing in this application.

If you stick with components made for automotive suspension components you will have higher quality standards, better fit and finish and a better grade of materials being used.

Last edited by lakeroadster; 04-26-2011 at 01:26 PM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote