View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
70cst

Re: Wheel Help please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrader99 View Post
I have a '72 C10 LWB Cheyenne 350

It was supposed to be a number matching truck but when the front pump seal went out on the trans and I pulled the engine and trans I found that the engine was a 1970 Passenger Car 350 and the Transmission was stamped T2 signifying a THM350C as evident by having 4 check balls instead of 3. So the trans is from an 1980 or newer.
Anyway the value of this truck has been greatly diminished. I also have a '72 Cheyenne 400 which I have a '72 402 and the VIN correct TH400 for it so I am going to take the wheels and seats from the non number Cheyenne 350 and put them on the 400.

Anywho I want to run 2.5" drop spindles and 3" rear drop springs and run black/chrome 20" American Racing Torque Thrust II's...I know the lug pattern is 5 x5" anyone have an idea of appropriate back spacing? furthermore anyone have a picture of the wheels on these trucks lowered?

THANKS y'all
I agree it's got to be frustrating to buy a numbers matching truck and then find out that is isn't. Still its a nice lookin truck.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote