View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
jltait

Re: 87 Crew Cab 454/TH400 to Cummins/NV4500

The next hurdle I ran into,which I again attribute to hydroboost vs. non hydroboost, was the main pedal hanger bracket. This bracket is mounted with (4) studs through the firewall and (2) through the dash. My original bracket had (2) of the firwall studs (lowers) welded to the pedal bracket and protrude through the firewall with nuts bolting onto them in the engine compartment, the other (2) studs are welded to the hyroboost master cylinder bracket and protrude throught the firewall with nuts bolting onto them on the passenger compartment side of the firewall. The manual transmission pedal bracket I bought had all (4) stud welded to it and the nuts bolting onto them in the engine compartment. In the attached pics outlying this issue the gray primer bracket is my orginal pedal bracket and the rusty looking one is the manual transmission bracket I bought, It would normally have the clutch pedal bracket spot welded to it as well but I have already removed it in this picture in preparation for transferring it to my original pedal bracket. I could also have transferred the studs but my bracket was a whole lot cleaner as well.

Jason
Attached Images

Last edited by jltait; 04-29-2011 at 12:19 AM.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote