View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 AM   #213
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Gave them some time to dry while at my daughter's tee-ball game, then scuffed 'em again so that the color would stick I shot two wet coats of the HRF and maaaan does it lay out nicely. It is very forgiving unless you are a complete bonehead, like I was...

I got in a rush (dumb thing to do while painting) and had the panels too close together, so that I had to squeeze between them while painting, causing me get too close to the header and run it :cry: Also had a leakage issue with the gun that got a few drips on the 'sides since they were laying flat. I'll have to decide if I can live with it when it dries completely, but will most likely be sanding and respraying the header- at least the front side- the back is just fine

All in all, I like this paint, and look forward to shooting more of it. I think it's gonna be cool In the pics, the jambs are mostly dry, as is the header, but the insides of the bedsides are still wet, hence the glossy-ness...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote