View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #96
greguw

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban ... Cummins Powered

Thanks buddy ... I could not find a bushing that I was comfortable using ... I had a pile of them from summit but none of them had molded beads and even with a high torque clamp I did not trust the smooth bushing on a cummins .
I made up those adapters out of some aluminum fittings ... beads on both ends ... I don't mind ugly ... its a go truck and not a show truck .
Bead roller worked great ... got my intercooler all connected up . I also managed to mount up my coolant filter , just running it thru the heater core hose , a little over kill , cummins are not really known to have casting sand like the powerstrokes ... works for the big trucks so why not .
Could not track down a steel Dorman 40 gallon tank , so I opted for a plastic 31 gallon that should be fine ... Thats on its way so hope its hear by the weekend so I can get this beast running on its own .
Started to mock up the rear bumper ... made a new face plate for the ranch hand rear bumper ... its dropping it another 6" ... had to keep Johny Law happy .
Attached Images

Last edited by greguw; 05-10-2011 at 06:25 AM.
greguw is offline   Reply With Quote