View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 12:11 AM   #59
Altec
Getcha Pull

Re: 1981/86 K10 Short-Bread

Last update was the 19th? What is wrong with me?

After fiddling with the header issue I have gone back to trying to make the original set of headers work. They are Flowtech Afterburner headers for a car. The issue I had with them is that they run right into the part coming off the bell crank that holds the rod for the fork. So now I'm considering modding the bell crank to fit around the headers.

Enjoy some over exposed pictures for your troubles!

I need to get this header/clutch issue resolved SOON. I also have to modify the hydrobooster bracket, and dig up some 1/2" rod to make a new pedal-to-crank rod with hiems. So much slop in the current setup this will do wonders...

Another update is I have been working on my plan of attack for the 6.5L. Currently I'm down to pulling the heads for some port, and polishing. Then stick them back on with some new .010"+ FelPro's, and some ARP studs. Not before filling the water jackets some though. After that I am going to cut out some flanges to make my own headers. Cut the flanges out, then make a fixture to heat, and form tubing to fit the flanges properly. The headers will be routed low, and forward with V-band clamps. Then a second crossover/2-to-1 pie will be made to connect the two headers, and come up up mount the turbo in passenger area of the engine bay roughly over the frame rail. The V-bands will allow other options later. Like, twins...

After playing with a bunch of fancy numbers I have come to the conclusion that for size, and ease of procurement a GT35 is my best bet for a turbo. I will be running a basic external wastegate with a manual controller. I plan to run a intercooler as well. I need to figure out what sort of room I have. I really am not looking to run a very large one. Simply because I don't think I need it. I am planning a homemade water/meth injection to go with it as well.

With all of this done my problem now moves... I got plenty of air, but what about fuel? The stock pump I have is a DB2-5088. Which is a 170HP pump. Now I know I can turn it up some, but getting it to my target is laughable...

The options for HO injection pumps are pretty much two standards. The DB2-4974 which is a 250HP marine pump, and the DB2-5722 which is the 310HP pump. Problem? They aren't cheap, and hard to get a hold of... More to come on that story as I figure it out.

If you are wondering, I am not shooting for a specific power number. I am shooting for a power to weight ratio... To put it simply I won't be happy until I'm looking at a number below 14. Final weight of the truck is projected to be in the 4200Lb range.
'96 Integra
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote