View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #57
Jb55

Re: my 1955 chevy truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho55 View Post
Your truck is looking Great, nice and low. couple of questions on your frame notch, what size is the steel you used to make it, and also how long are your upper and lower link bars, i am trying to figure out my rear end setup and i am getting different answers on how long to make the bars for a trianglated 4 link from the various forums. thanks
im pretty sure i used 1x2 1/4 wall on the c notch. whatever the top width of the frame is i used so i could still box over it and i doubled the thickness for the side.ill measure it when im home and let u know.I researched more of the 4x4 links to get a idea of what to run and how they work because the set up is way more imporant on them. if i did it again i would fab my own out of 2x2 1/4 wall and mount the bags on the bars mid-way down. that gives a better ride and u get more travel. live and learn ask a lot of questions and go with ur gut. the link set up i bought was on ebay cant remember the length but i wana say 32". hope i didnt confuse u more good luck.
Jb55 is offline   Reply With Quote