View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
Hart_Rod

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Not much of a picture day, but good progress nonetheless. I started by taking the front wheels and tires to get mounted this morning. I put the tires on powdercoated 7" rallies, instead of the 6.5" van wheels and it bought me the clearance I needed at the lower control arm. It turns beautifully and the inner wheel weights actually stay on

Once the wheels were back on the truck, I drove her over to the local alignment shop and had it lined up. They also charged the A/C system for me and it blows nice and cold The guys there loved the truck- couldn't stop asking question and giving compliments- even had one of the 'old heads' give me kudos on the front suspension rebuild, and thanked me for leaving the inner fenders out for him to get to the alignment shims.

Also finished installing the rest of the body side molding and tailgate and taillight trim (anyone have a spare amber marker?), then had a terrible time glue-ing the passenger door weatherstrip in- what a pain! NOT looking forward to doing the driver's side. More choice words than used on the windshield install...

The truck is coming out nice! I highly recommend going with the push on door seals. They are re-usable and install in about 15 mins...
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote