Thread: 57gmcuk
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #18
GeorgeVale

Re: 57gmcuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensimmons_05 View Post
Looks like you are doing a great job, the new and made panels look great!
Hi Ben thanks for the kind words it is turning out a lot better than I hoped.

Update time. I painted the door inners with por15 then top-coated it with some tractor paint I had lying about. Took a age to dry but I really like the colour (Ford tractor light Grey) might paint the entire truck in it as can get paint on farm account and will tide me over until I can get it done properly.

I took the hinges apart to fit some new pins and bushes only to find I only ordered 2 new ones so am a set short. Gave the hinges a quick clean and some red oxide. Removed a broken bolt from one bottom hinge and fitted the missing nut to other one.

I got the doors welded back together and moved the runner ready for the 1 peice glass. Both door tops had splits near where the door top inner attaches so repaired them. I then went to hang the door to see if I have welded the new hinge in the right place, only to find I have lost the door hinge bolt nuts. Spent half a day looking to no avail so will have to make some new ones.

As I could not hang the door and start on the latches I decided to dig the front fenders out of storage and make a start on them. I thought with the frenched lights and visible previous owner botched repairs I would need some new faces and grill extensions. After hacking the bondo off found I can repair the original faces so will sell the patch panels I had purchased. As still have not got any sheet metal, I then started to panel beat out some of the dents and squashed wheel arch.

I only have a couple of pictures as I have lent the camera to my parents who have gone on holiday this week. I took some pictures on my phone but can not get them off there so will take and post some pictures next week when they return.
Attached Images

GeorgeVale is offline   Reply With Quote