View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 08:03 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I've never done a brake cable but I did free up a set of heater control cables.I removed them from the car and coiled them loosely enough to keep from kinking them.I then dropped them into the oil drain pan still full of used oil.After about 3 days I took them out and started trying to get them to work.They loosened up enough to move but weren't very smooth.So I put them in the solvent tank for a few days then in the oil drain pan with fresh oil for an overnight soak.They worked much better than befor but still weren't perfect.This was in about 74 on a set of cables from a 53 chevy(I think).
I would suggest that on something as crucial as brake cables you should probably buy new ones.Make sure you lube them well so you don't have this problem again.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote