View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #324
hardwaa

Re: 1966 Chevy SWB Gasser influenced truck

Well was cruising down the freeway Saturday afternoon and had a little incident with my truck. The drivers rear tire spit some piecrust and slick off while I was going 70 mph through a left turn.
Scared the crap out of me, and truck decided to change lanes almost immediately. Thankfully know one was next to me. Pulled truck of freeway to a parking lot inspect damage. After bending wheel tub out of tires way was able to drive truck home. I was about 40 miles from my house.
Talked with tire guy today he was very cool and seemed willing to try and help me out ,however I will probably have to ship tire to him so he can inspect it . My tires are a little over 3 years old and it is a HOTROD. I am not angry, Unfortunately this stuff just happens.
I did manage to score some rear wheels and tires off craigslist. Once they are on truck I can drive truck to friends body shop for repair of bedside and rear tub. Then see what tire guy can do.
Not posting this to slam tire guy. It could have been much worse, and like I said previously STUFF HAPPENS.

First pic is before.
Attached Images