View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #11
spousta

Re: 55 gmc longbed stepside project

Somehow i got this wednesday off, but neighbor wasnt home so i could not get my engine hoist back to pull out motor and send frame to blasting. but good day for thinking, want to see what others think. i have yet to do the motor swap on my ford which has a 455 olds motor in it. (32v ford going in)

i have a friend with a 454 chevy truck motor who wants to trade. i prefer the slender style vrs the olds wide style. but then again the 455 in the ford runs like a champ and never gives me the slightest trouble. What do you guys think 455 vr 454. just go off your feeeling not that fact that my 455 runs great. cause in the end when a judge looks down at the car he also goes off of what he would of prefered to be done.

next order of business is wheels. now back to the 47 lol. i bought some centerline drag style wheels for it. (going for the 50's rod look) and was going to take off the centerline eagles that are on it. heres a pic

my worry is that it would not match my truck correctly. so again what do you guys think? remember trying to keep a astalgic look going. thanks for looking and your responses!