View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
DetroitDan

Re: How about some pics of 73-91 crew cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
#3073 = win!!!!!
I thought you meant you won the auction! I checked and it's still going on, so there's a chance for me yet, I could win the lottery before it ends;>

I thought that was just a sharp truck until I clicked on the auction and read about it. And at first I thought it was a 6.2 diesel, but that must have been when it was new or something. I swear to God that truck is pretty near EXACTLY what I would build if I had the money! 502bb and a Gear Vendor? Sweet! Power everything, lifted, top to bottom front to back, that truck is darn near perfect. I only saw two things I didn't really like. One is those awful ugly towing mirrors, I hate when people put all kinds of holes in the sheetmetal like that, they always rust there, plus anything bumps the mirror and your door is all dented in. Not a real easy thing to fix either. Personally I love the look of the stainless Silverado style mirrors that everyone seems to pick on, calling them dumbo mirrors. Big enough to be useful but not ugly work-truck style. Why would somebody put ugly work-truck mirrors on a show truck?
Second thing I didn't like was the 4.56 gears, I guess I'd have to drive it and see if I liked it with the Gear Vendor. Everything I've ever driven with 4.56s, even with tall tires, just screamed at low highway speeds and emptied the fuel tank. I've always been happiest with 4.10s in my trucks.