View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
ronnieb

Unhappy Re: My '84 'old yella' build

HELP!!!!!

Well I finally got the harness and computer installed. I'm missing half the harness from the throttle control box to the throttle(tbw). Found the connector on the web and ordered it, be here on Tues I hope. I was able start the motor, after several attempts finally determined that the injectors were stuck, small hammer and a long screwdriver and a few love taps, it started. Won't come up to an idle and only runs for about 10secs. I'm hoping that when I get the throttle hooked up it will straighten out.

Now my real problem. I changed out the instrument cluster, used a 90 burb, I made a diagram of the old connector, pin and wire colors, and traced the circuits on the old cluster. Went to the new cluster and traced the circuits and repinned the plug, all good right, wrong. I hosed it, first thing after I applied power I noticed that the right turn light was on, all the time, when I moved the turn signal to the right the brake warning light comes on, move it left and the seatbelt light comes on, no fuel gauge, and no speedometer. Alt and oil pressure worked. Fixed the turn signals, now the brake warning light stays on and still no fuel gauge and speedo.

I guess my tracing skills are not what they used to be or maybe it's the trifocals now, but at any rate, I'm stuck. Does anyone have a pin out for that plug or a schematic for a 90 burb cluster???

Any suggestions would help.
ronnieb is offline   Reply With Quote