Thread: The Brown Truck
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #147
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: The Brown Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
If you do not mind not looking totally stock I picked up a full rubber mat that goes from the top of the firewall to the back of the cab. I to am going to be driving my truck and wanted it to be rubber instead of carpet. This rubber mat allowed me to use the equivalent of dynamat all over the firewall and floor of my 66 gmc, then put the rubber on top so it is easy to keep clean. Kieth I cannot remember where I got it but I can look it up if you are interested.
I got a funny PM and see that I worded something wrong. I don't install a rubber mat over carpet, I meant I prefer a rubber mat to carpet.. LOL
YES, by the way, I want a rubber mat that goes firewall to cab rear and can be held down by the sill plates on the sides. That would be perfect.
In Arizona, carpet is baked fast then falls apart and holds in TONS of dust and dirt. I can wipe out and nasty stuff with a damp sponge if I have a rubber mat.
Side note;
One of the vendors I have ordered from recently phoned me to express their frustration with my returning things. Well, if it wasn't Asian made garbage it would be in my truck.
The rubber mats I have ordered were thin crappy junk.

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote