Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #603
Grimee

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstone1 View Post
Didn't expect 550on the rear. I was think more like 450. I guess the 2 to 1 make a difference on the spring selection. I've always been a little to conservative on doing rates I think. On my first blazer I put 3/4 ton suburban spring on it thinking they were going to be stiff and ended up being just about right once I cut them to size. What do you have on the front if you don't mind me asking. I was thinking 600's for the front of my blazer just because of the weight. Laetrile I weighted my blazer it was about 4500lbs but it was still a 4x4at that time.
Posted via Mobile Device
sorry for the delayed response .its kinda embarissing I do not know what we ended up with on the front i was working with a company that sponsored the coilovers the first batch did not fit so we took it out to their factory and they re did them and i have not had the time too pull them off and check the rates or length .I took theirs off the rear when I did the cantilever set up .this paticular brand uses a spring rated bump stop so the ride quality suffers a bit I will be changing the fronts to match what ever I end up with permanantly on the rear I still have allot of tuning to do to get to handle the way I hope it should The upper and lower control arms are built by choppin block , they were built to work with the coil overs .it weighs almost 4200 lbs so i think your in thr ball park and yes it was very cool to get to quiz Rob about all the things I could think to ask and IT WAS AWSOME TO SEE HIM RUN ONLY ABOUT A HALF SECOND SLOWER THAN THE FASTEST CAR THERE A PURPOSE BUILT MUSTANG WITH 700 HP AND STRAIGHT CUT GEARS IN THE TRANNY TRIPLE DISC CLUTCH AND A BUNCH OF OTHER COOL STUFF DID I MENTION ROB WAS DRIVING HIS TRUCK ! VERY COOL TO SEE
Grimee is offline   Reply With Quote