View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #21
TrkEnvy

Re: truck on "Auction Hunters" tonight on Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSpeed View Post
I watch a show recently, its about a family that lives somewhere in the desert, they have a junkyard and rebuild cars then auction them off. I can't remember the name of the show. Anyway on one episode they were rebuilding a charger, they did a quicky paintjob and talked about how the car was now restored, they didn't even take the weather stripping or headliner out before painting it! The did tear out the old headliner AFTER they gave it a lousy painjob but they left the ragged old weatherstriping in and sold it for some ridiculously expensive price. The paint had dry spots all over, the body panels were wavy, it looked horrible! The guy who bought it thought he got a deal! I bet he felt different after he had it for a few days and noticed all the flaws! I bet he felt even worse when he watch the show and saw all the shortcuts they used!
Posted via Mobile Device
Its called Desert Valley Auto Parts and i agree. My dad had a red 68 charger w/ a 440 and a 4 speed when I was a kid. I have some good memories of that car and while they did bring it back from the brink, it was corner cutting, shoddy work and I was bummed they painted it green. *insert pukey smiley here*
TrkEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote