View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 AM   #100
64c20crewcab

Re: My Build - FINALLY...

Well the work slowed down on this thing but good and just as things pick up and I'm ready to bag it - I get laid off...

I installed 5" springs and no notch a few months ago and it was fine on air shocks but I wanted more. Grabbed 3" notch brackets from Brothers and now in process of welding these in.

We cut frame, removed rivets, notched the drivers side plate to accommodate and weld in panhard frame mount in stock location. Have an adjustable bar.

In middle work of this I grabbed a set of bags, plates and additoinal material to box in a portion of frame. We should be done by weeks end. btw none of the bolt holes on bottom of the Brothers notch lined up. All were off bout 3/4" @ 45 degrees. Is this normal.... no matter cause we clamped these to frame at bottom, then bolted the brackets to frame but had to weld in filler plats on back side of the brackets above notch due to too large of a gap to weld in. Finished fitting, bolting in and welding in both sides today. Tomorrow we start in frame bag and trail arm bag mounts. We should be done by this Friday. Welds are intermittent as you will see in the pic's. We are gonna redo the back and bag the front later this summer. Plan is to swap the rear end (eaton for a 14 bolt) at that time....
Attached Images

1964 C20 Long Stepside 3 Door Crew Cab
- Armbruster-Stageway Conversion

Y2K INDN Chief

"ONE OF A KIND, NOT ONE OF THE CROWD"
Aug 2010 - Front end frame cleanup & engine swap done!!!
June 2011 - Rear end bagged
Sept 2011 - Rebuild motor top end
Sept 2012 - Parked and slowly working on it.
Aug 2013 - Front end bagged - finally!
Aug 2014 - Stepside swap conversion done. Finally ready to start bodywork! Have a few KEWL ideas...
Here is my build thread:
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=335427
64c20crewcab is offline   Reply With Quote