View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
70STOVEBOLT

Re: 1967 one year only lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT'S 70 CST View Post
Ok Sharpie I am glad you sold it now the hijack is on I hope you do not mind. Guys you simply take and unscrew the button part and take a socket and put the base in a vise were it is just touching the outer lip then take and press on the socket with your thumb and it will pop out. They are press fit in very slightly so you will have to take a small pointed punch and knock the lip back down. I just went in the shop and took one apart to see how it came apart. It has been so long since I have done one that I could not remember. Stovebolt if you want to still send it to me that will be fine or you can try it yourself, either way is ok with me.

PT
PT, the one I got was disassembled when I got it, and it may be broken. If you don't mind, pm me your email and I can send you the pics that were sent to me before I got it. If it's broken, there's no need to send it to you. The element I got from you looks different than this 67 type, the flange is not as large on it, so I don't know if it will work on the 67 lighter.

Thanks,
Mark

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks