View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

Thanks wheelie, I missed that in my search.

Today was good and bad. Bad is my 3 groove pulley does not fit, contrary to 3 places on different GM messages boards that said SB and BB are the same. I need PN 3972180 or 14023148, should have done more research. If anyone needs a 68-74 BB 3 groove crank pulley (used with a/c option) PN 3937787 I have one!

Good is I got the back bumper extra holes welded up (PO had 56 car poorly fitted bumper guards) and scuffed with 80 grit for etch priming. Cleaned up the back side of it and painted it with rattle can Rustoleum in grey. Will spray undercoat after final paint. It had one pretty good dent that took an hour with an old school 2# ball peen hammer and cold chisel to move close to flush. Don't try that on your new truck. Sounded like a busy black smith shop when the calvary is in town. Cleaned up and painted the steering stabilizer. Fabbed and bracket for the trailer connector. Cleaned and painted aforementioned pulley. Also got the inside windshield/dash trip primed, working towards painting it, bumpers, door insides and grille insert in a couple of weeks the same color as the interior.

Here is a photo of the pulley for grins, you can see its 1/2 pulley width to close to crank. Also a photo of the modified front bumper bracket, in a previous post I mentioned that the steering box covers the hole. I modifed it to take the place of one of the box mounting shims. Lots of trial and error, thank goodness for a welder, cut off wheel and grinder!
Attached Images

OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote