View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
STPrider

Re: first truck, 71 gmc "Ashley"

thanks everyone!! sorry i've been lazy and haven't been updating, prefer to look at other nicer trucks for motor specs; i dont know much, i got a friend who's an engine builder at a local machine shop to build it for me, i know its a 90's-ish 350 block bored to about 355ci, roller cam, edelbrock intake, holley carb, aftermarket exhaust (might be custom, came with the truck, 3" side pipe that you can see in the 3rd pic.) Anyways, all the electrical is done, with one door opening perfectly, ill probably wire the second one tonight, a new grant steering wheel in, engine bay cleaned up (WOO!) and pretty much generally ready to drive! just needs glass and a good wheel alignment! oh and some issues with converting to electronic gauges, the speedo sending unit wont fit, so my friends making me an adapter, and the fuel sending unit and fuel gauge arent on good terms right now sooo im gonna try real hard to get some new pictures happening, one of these days its got to turn sunny right? and thor: yeah! fellow riders/truck lovers!! yeah ill be spending a lot of time in whistler this summer, and a couple days in sun peaks, but never been to north van, i have my own mini-north shore (vedder mountain in chilliwack) that ill be riding more this summer too cheers!
-Derek