View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #155
luifer76

Re: maxxy's 81 bagged c10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxy View Post
Ok now I think I solved my a/c problem!!! I went down to a smaller diameter tire. (I know it's just a temporary fix unless I keep the rallys forever) I originally had a 75 series tire, but first tried a 50 series tire, and it was just about 4 inches shorter than the original. ( which is wayyyyy to small) then I tried a 60 series tire and it's only about 1.5-2 inches shorter total. And it left me with about 3/4" clearance between tire and blower.

But then I ran into a new problem... My LCA hits the ground way early, and not like you'd think. My LCA's are djm but they are made for drop coils, and not meant to be this low.*

The tire in the picture is the 50 series.

So I think I'm just going to remove the recess where the bag is at and just put a flat plate in the bottom of the lca.*
Equivalent to like 1.5" cupped stock arm.
Posted via Mobile Device
weld the plate from the bottom of the LCA or the tubing that way you dont loose any inches of drop.... it looks like the bag goes down pretty deep into the control arm so you should be able to raise the plate about two inches higher and that will give some clearance from the bottom.....

Last edited by luifer76; 06-26-2011 at 11:39 AM.
luifer76 is offline   Reply With Quote