View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #63
theastronaut

Re: '65 Chevy C10 Long Fleet Retrospective Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer1979 View Post
That is absolutely outstanding work! Hard to believe this is your first restoration, your attention to detail, and tenacity for perfection rivals those who have done this for years. For my own vehicles I've never been a back to stock kind of guy, but I really enjoy seeing them done like this, and really enjoyed reading through your thread here. I can't wait to see more pictures as you get this project wrapped up, and I will bet the owners are floored at the final project (I know I can barely believe what I am seeing). Again, congrats on a job superbly done. If you think about it and have the time, please pots up some of your other projects in the "Alternative Tinkerings" section here, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to watch other vehicles get similar treatment.
Thanks! I'm currently working on a 1955 International and will post the progress on it over there as time allows.

Here's a few pics of the truck outside for the first time, and driving it to it's first show. I'll have to get some more pictures of it next time we take it to a show for the owners as these are all I have of it finished.

Couple shots of the interior almost finished. Stayed at the shop every night for a week til 10pm working to get it ready for it's first show. Stayed up til 3:30am Saturday morning doing the final detail. Went home, slept til 6:30 and went back to the shop to drive it to the show. Longest week of my life!

The owner and me, holding a best in class trophy.

Last edited by theastronaut; 12-31-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Fix dead pic links
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote