View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
4ofakind

Re: need audio help/suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54chevytruck View Post
for a sub, i dont need it to be too big, how much would a small to medium woofer, box, wiring, and a mono amp cost me?

i dont really have a set budget, i just dont want to break my bank...
Austin, Here is one way to go:

Run Alpine SPS-619 6x9 front and back (don't know rear size) like Tubbed said $240 for both sets.

Run an Alpine 8" dual coil SWR-843D in a ported box @ 30-35Hz $160 for the sub. You could build the box yourself for around $50 or have a friend build you one and it may cost you $100. A shop will charge you $150-200 for a hand built box (each estimated cost includes all materials).

I would prefer to run an Alpine MRX-V60 5ch Amp (I like to use all the same brands in my systems as much as possible) , but at $400 it will put you a bit over budget. If your current head unit is real good you can hold off swapping it and use the money on the Alpine amp. If not you can get an Infinity Ref 5350a 5ch amp from Amazon for $213.

So with your $600 speaker budget ($613 above listed costs w/ Infinity Amp) you get a sub, 4 speakers and a 5ch amp. Add $100 for a sub box (assuming you don't build it yourself) and another $100 for an amp wiring kit, rca's, and wiring to all speakers. If you install all this yourself you are looking at $813 give or take a few bucks based on how good a shopper you are. If you have a shop install it add more for labor charges.

Mal

Last edited by 4ofakind; 06-29-2011 at 11:45 AM.
4ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote