View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #32
4ofakind

Re: need audio help/suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54chevytruck View Post
a friend of mine works at a car stereo store and said he would give me a discount to do it, but i am thinking about trying my hand at it. I have done everything else this truck needed on my own, why stop now?

I may have someone else build the box but that would probably be it

Its not hard, just requires attention to detail. I'm 39 and did my first install some *cough* 20+ years ago *cough*.

With your single cab truck, a 5ch amp and single dual voice coil 8 or 10 will greatly simplify things. A 12 is a tight squeeze but if you really want it it can be done. A 5ch amp from a reputable manufacturer will run just fine. Two amps take up more space and introduce more points of failure, but these are minor arguments if you take your time and install them properly.
As far as rear speakers are concerned, again if you want them cool but they are'nt really necessary. When you talk to others, or go to a concert all sound is in front of you. Everything else is reflection. You can have that naturally by eliminating rear speakers or attempt to reproduce it with a set of rear speakers. If you do run rear speakers, I would not waste the coin on a set of componenets muffled by your seats. Nor would I place the rear tweeters so close to my head when my fronts are much farther away. It will pull the sound stage too far rearward. A good set of coaxles in the rear w/ your components up front will sound awesome.

Mal
4ofakind is offline   Reply With Quote