View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #25
SulphuriousSam

Re: Sam's Man Cave 66 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
Yeah, get on that thing before it gets too hot! It's been 100+ here as well, and that makes it a real challenge to get anything done.

CLR doesn't work super-fast. I have tried different strengths (4-1, 2-1, full), and I didn't notice a huge difference. I use it at 100% strength (non-diluted) on all the heavily rusted areas. Spray it on, let it sit for a minute or two, and then scrub it with the Scotchbrite. Back away, spray it again. Do that 2 or 3 times. It'll create a rusty light brown foam when you scrub it, and that will keep the CLR from running all over the place, which is a good thing because it'll continue to work. When you're ready, grab the hose and while it's running over the area where you applied the CLR, scrub with the Scotchbrite. Wet-scrubbing with the Scotchbrite makes a big difference, and it dilutes all of the remnants, which will get messy. The MOST important tip I can give you: A fresh Scotchbrite will kick butt, and not long after, it'll act like it's not doing much. So make sure you have a good supply of Scotchbrite pads standing by. I bought a pack at Home Depot for around $4, and I've still got some left. I also bought another type of chemical at Home Depot called ZEP and it's a little cheaper than CLR and it might work even better.

Also, wear gloves. I don't know how nasty that stuff is to your body, but it's always best to play it safe.

Do a section at a time. It's something that will take a few days, but the results are worth it. Just pretend that the truck belongs to Mr. Miagi and when it's done, you'll be able to fight that blond punk from the Cobra Kai studio at the State Championships. Show him what that bird style Karate is all about!

Go forth and conquer, Daniel-San.......... I cannot wait to see how this turns out. I think it'll look AWESOME!
I'm glad you got the joke! I was worried about my lame humor haha. Ok i'll post up pics this afternoon hopefully with some good results! I bought a handfull of scotchbright pads but i'll go grab more along with some gloves on my way out to the truck...thanks for the heads up! I wouldn't want to ruin my manacure

1966 C10 LWB, 283, 3 on the tree (lots of work to do!) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471348
2001 Suburban daily driver
2008 HHR (wife's ride)
SulphuriousSam is offline   Reply With Quote