View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #22
67_C-30
I have a radical idea!

Re: $28,500 for a 72 Cheyenne....Never thunk it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT'S 70 CST View Post
This may sound crazy but what you have to think about if you go to Barret Jackson and buy something is they have pretty much done the homework for you. One is they do not consign junk and most of the vehicles are built by well known builders. Two you can go to the auction on thursday and buy a nice car or trucks very reasonable because most of the people there are looking for the DZ 302 Camaro's or the Hemi Cuda' and such cars like that. Me a resto rod that is a very nice restoration is just fine. I have seen some good buys on thursday or early friday. With that said I personally would not pay that much for that truck for the simple reason of what Longhorn man said if they missed the steering wheel, the K&N filter and some other little things under the hood it would lead me to think that there were not a ton of NOS parts involved in this build but I would have to see it in person.

PT

PT
The cars on BJ are nice, but it certainly doesn't mean they are correct. I've seen a LOT of cars being called correct, and there will stuff on them that simply is not, even on some supposed high end cars. I've seen what is being called Ram Air IV Pontiacs with D ports, I've seen mistakes made with correct striping on cars, jacked up emblem placement, and etc. on cars that supposed to be documented and being represented as correct. It would be in anybody's best interest to still verify whether a car or truck is what it is supposed to be even if its at BJ.
'69 GMC C3500, dump truck, 351 V6, NP435
'84 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer

67 C-30 Turbodiesel build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=254096

My trucks
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ediafilter=all

Member of the 1-Ton Club!
67_C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote