View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #29
CVA59

Re: My 61 Build (Grandfathers truck clone)

Thanks for the reply guys. Your advice is very much appreciated. I have never been as low mentally as i am right now over this whole trade deal. Firstly, I would like to say that the two guys that i proposed the trade to and got the 61 from are awesome and have done everything they can to help even out things for me. I traded a truck (my 64) that had a bunch of money and time spent on it for a "dream". A dream truck that the frame and cab were totally gone on. However, these issues were not found until after the trade was made and the 61 was torn apart. So, it is now my problem to face. I was so caught up chasing a dream to own a truck like my Grandad's that i momentarily lost my perception of reality. I do not blame anyone but myself for my decision, a decision that was foolish and will have everlasting effects on me and how i look at money and time being invested into a project like this in the future.

So, as things stand right now. I need a usuable BBW 63 cab. I am buying a rolling 63 GMC frame from lilred67 and that will solve the frame issues. I have decided to keep all my parts and see what i can find as far as a cab goes. If i can locate a decent cab i will try to regroup and start back up on rebuilding this truck. Unfortunetly, at the moment i have lost most all my motivation and desire to do anything after this roller coaster ride. I will keep at it but until i get out of this funk i am in i won't be doing much to it. I do appreciate those of you who have offered encouragement and support. After loosing as much money as i have on this deal i can sure use it.

Thanks guys,

www.23t.weebly.com

Last edited by CVA59; 07-05-2011 at 04:40 PM.
CVA59 is offline   Reply With Quote