View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #20
spudz

Re: Project Polar Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdstreettito View Post
Josh, I said intake.

Oh, I almost forgot. Next thing to do for the wheels is grab a set of 2000-newer chevy 6 lug center caps and some 9/16 dual thread lugnuts so I can finish the cop look.
You CAN'T use a junkyard vortec intake. YOU HAVE to buy a aftermarket intake made especially for the swap. Then you will probably have to get a custom chip burnt. If not it will probably run worse then it did before. MY advise is to leave the TBI ALONE! Leave it stock. I've ran spacers etc what have you on them and I couldn't tell a difference. Only thing I got out of it was a dent in the hood from the wing nut. I would just pull the heads you have now and send them to the machine shop for rebuilding and put it back together stock. JUST MY advice. It sound like you are in school on a shoe string budget and if you don't have money to throw at burnt chips, $300 intakes, etc. then I would just go back stock.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote