View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #32
CVA59

Re: My 61 Build (Grandfathers truck clone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
For what it’s worth I can relate to how you feel. Several years ago I took my truck to a “professional” body shop to have NOS rockers installed. Long story short – I spent $1,000 hard earned dollars I could barely afford to have them completely trash my truck. The rockers were poorly and incompletely done. They knocked dents, dings and scratches all over the truck, sprayed gray primer all over my interior including the upholstery, gauges, and dashboard, and hung the doors so crooked they could hardly be closed.

Any legal action requires giving the shop an opportunity to make right on the damages, and I wasn’t about to allow that, so I just ate the loss. After nearly two decades of ownership, the first time out of my hands and it was almost completely ruined. It was terribly depressing. The truck sat in the garage for several months while I considered different ways to just get rid of it. After enough time passed, I started missing the experience of driving it. Eventually I just started over and had to repair and correct all the new problems that didn’t exist previously. In the end, I’m glad I kept the truck, and chalked it up as a learning experience. Maybe a little time will provide a solution.
Thanks Mark and very true. I think when enough time has passed i will feel more like tinkering with it again. Your story sounds pretty rough as well. I have to make every penny count on this project and the penny's come real slow if at all. Like the old saying "i have more time than money", LOL. If it weren't for the connection i feel with my Grandad i would probably have went ahead and abandoned this project. In some special way his memory is what is keeping me afloat on this thing.

www.23t.weebly.com