View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #379
monte0185

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Thanks!! Yeah, it really is a nice drive. Alot of it is graded and smooth, but there is enough slow-speed to feel like you got out on a trail, but not so much you hate the road before you get to the end--not to mention the great scenery along the way.

This thing makes it easy to pick the "car guy" out of a crowd. Say there is a group of people standing in a parking lot. I light this thing up and the one dude whose head whips around to look--that's the car guy in the crowd. Even driving down the road, driving past people standing on the corner or at a bus stop--same thing. It's just a raggety old Suburban, until it starts up (or is heard running). The it is obvious that something is not right with it. My wife says she likes the strange looks and tilted heads this thing gets.

Thanks!!
A buddy of mine had a BB mopar in his garage for a project he was working on and i came across this camaro real cheap so we got bored one weekend and yes there was beer involved but we got the bright idea to put the mopar motor in the camaro. Worked like a champ after some ingenuity and a welder. What was really fun was we would go to the memphis mopar meetings before they started and went in and ate and waited for them all to arrive. Once there was a big enough crowd we would go outside and start the camaro to leave and boy did we get alot of dirty looks and some colorful comments once they heard it start up with that oh so characteristic mopar starter wine. Seems to them that was some kind of sacraligious thing and we had commited a great sin. But hey it was well worth it!!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote