View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
LowandSlow

Classic Auto Works, Rolla MO

C10 fans,
This is a long story about how I came to use Classic Auto Works as my C10 restorer. I've owned my C10 for about 2 years, I drove it from Joplin, MO to Waynesville MO and from there it began its transformation.
I brought the truck to Classic Auto Works after reviewing their website and being invited to tour there facility. It was breath taking. From there I decided to trust this company to restore my truck to proper working order for a agreed upon cap amount of $15,000. Let's just say $30,000 dollars later my truck is still in their hands and not by choice. I moved to NC do to being in the Corps and had to leave it behind. It was torn into pieces and negotiations had begun on what was to become of her. The owner(s) of Classic Auto Works did some mass firing of employees and figured they would continue to work on the truck free of charge except for parts. That was at $25,000 now... it's still in pieces; I'm in Afghanistan and no end in site if the truck will ever be finished. In short the work performed by the body crew there is an A+ but as far as the ownership and management it’s a big F-. I don't recommend them unless you have a lawyer by your side. I had to call it quits... I ran out of cash and have other responsibilities to worry about.
Hope this helps make a better decision on who to trust in Missouri.
LowandSlow is offline   Reply With Quote