View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
LowandSlow

Re: Classic Auto Works, Rolla MO

Update: "CAW" Owner has caught wind of this forum and doesn't like the negative and part positive comment. I don't think he's read the thread himself just an employee. Hear say is always a bummer. Any who; maybe it wasn't the right thing to say when this company still has my C10 in their shop but... my fellow C10 lovers, you need to know these things when dropping a lot of cash on your classic rides. I would also like to add on to which I only touched very briefly in the original thread about the work continuing at “CAW.” The owner has tried to make amends by supplying a wood bed kit, free motor overhaul, free labor, and paint. This doesn’t include parts to be purchased so the bills just keep on coming $$$. The actions to correct their faults have been all great and very sincere and much appreciated but… I was told this would only cost me back a year ago $15,000. We have past that mile marker along time ago. End state I hope to have one day a 1964 C10 that I bought 2 years ago in my garage looking sharp. Problem with that is it’ll be too nice of a truck to want to drive every day like the original plan was and the memories / headaches that I can’t wait to forget. It’s been rough being in Afghanistan and not being able to contact love ones and handle my family headaches in person so… do understand CAW that stress is not welcomed when at war. I can give more detail of what has taken place at the CAW if you PM me. Semper Fi It’s a Marine thing.
LowandSlow is offline   Reply With Quote