Thread: Desert Trip III
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #32
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Desert Trip III

Zoo, I am not so sure 5:13 cogs would be the answer as that quickly be approaching totally voiding the purpose of bolting in an overdrive trans to begin with. Sometimes, I wish I would have used a NP241 transfercase as I think it would have held up just fine plus they have a nice low range. Maybe someday I’ll do a Lomax but they are pretty $teep!

The rest of the pictures from the trip…. 4 hrs later we made it to the White Rim campsite 2 (Candlestick).

Watch that first step! It is a dozy!

White Rim Candlestick campsite. Bill frying chicken!

Warming up beans and mashed tators in the camper. 99 degrees in the camper but it actually felt cool compared to outside. Only 12% humidity, but it is a dry heat

We camped near the Green River just a few miles North of where it meets the Colorado River.

Wednesday we headed back out. We spent 2 days getting in but it took over 8 consecutive hours to drive out to the visitor’s center to check out.

My favorite picture of the truck on the climb out of White Rim

It started to rain like a SOB as we were crawling out. We got to the top just as the sky open up. Check out all of those switchbacks that we are working through. The dirt in the corners was a really odd deep dusty dirt almost like driving in a vacuum cleaner dust bag. The corners get really greasy when they are wet too!

After checking out at the visitor center we rolled on back down to Moab to top off with supplies and spend our last night together. This camp spot is right at Moab at the beginning of the “Fins and Things” trail.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote