Thread: Desert Trip III
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #33
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Desert Trip III

Thursday morning we went back into Moab and had a restaurant breakfast and said goodbye to Bill as he was taking off back to Pueblo while Lance and I headed south towards the Valley of the Gods

Just after we step up camp at the Valley of the Gods, Lance’s son’s gun broke that they had just purchase in Flagstaff the week before. So they decided to head out to stop by the gun shop on their way back to Phoenix.

See ya later Lance!

It was a beautiful campsite though! This night we dropped the top on the camper and laid up there watching stars and satellites fly by. Lots of bats too!

As I tried to get pictures of the sunset my camera died.

Friday morning while airing up the tires I noticed the front sway bar bracket was in bad shape. We continued on anyway.

From there we motored on down to Monument Valley to check things out. My MIL had never been there before.

We had a great lunch at the Navajo restaurant at the visitor’s center. Green Chili stew!

From there we peddled up to Natural Bridges to camp our final night. Cool drive up there. Valley of the Gods is below.

Campsite 6

Home State home….only 7 more hours to drive to get home. Colorado is not so colorful in this part of the state.

Here is a link to the Spot Adventure Summary page of where all we went. Be patient, the page loads slowly! Neat link, as you can zoom in, look at satellite view, etc.

That’s all folks…. Until next April when we do Death Valley and/or the Mojave Road.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote