Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #633
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

OK, I'm Back That was a long trip. 19 days, 4900 miles, 22 shop visits, 2 big shows, 1 second, 1 win, and 1 championship in the bag. Thanks to everyone for there hospitality. Greywolf the gain from the tall spindle is that it builds in a faster camber gain curve. Meaning that as the suspension compresses, it gains more camber than with the short spindle. I think that the geometry is a bit different, car vs truck, and I don't know of a tall truck spindle. I do however, know that circle track guys use the truck ball joints, and that they have 'tall' ball joints for trucks. Stay tuned for updates, this is a planned update on the JT, since it currently has used oem (still with the rivits) ball joints in it. We will run some laps as is, and then change only the upper bal joints, and run it as a comparison. We'll keep you posted. Daniel 7 to 8 deg caster is the range to be in, this in itself is not enough to flip the tie rod end. I don't know of any ball joints that can adjust to gain any caster. They can adjust ride hieght and camber gain, but not caster or wheel placement.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote