View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Steve Hafner

Project: "Might-as-well" - 70 C-10 LWB

I found my 1970 C-10 LWB at the spring "Event" in Carlisle PA in 1996. It was the daily driver of a guy who was selling parts and it was parked behind his tables with a small for sale sign in the window. I'd been looking for a 70 pick up for about a year so I walked back to check it out. Long story short ( too late ) I ended up buying it and picked it up from him a few weeks later at his home town in Virginia. The previous owner told me it had always lived "in the area" as far as he knew and was used mostly on farms. I later did a title search and found out he was right - all of the address's that came back were ALL in the same town !!! That's when I first realized that my truck has had 25 "FARMER" owners. Below, are the first pictures I took of the truck when I brought it home - sorry about the "blurry" pictures but my 10 year old scanner isn't very compatible with my new laptop and I didn't have a digital camera in 1996. As you'll see, it had 26 years of use on muddy farm roads and needed to be cleaned up BADLY !!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Steve Hafner; 12-22-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote