View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #402
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super Short Fleet Big Block build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70k52wd View Post
I got my head out from under my truck long enough to read most of this thread...I see you have stopped working on it in hopes of a numbers swb truck. How about making this into your daily and get the true shorty for restore resale?
The project looks great so far.

Also, Jerry Brown started this resto biz in the early 80's when people thought he was nuts to restore one when they were still abundant. He knows everybody, and everybody knows him. If a guy is looking for a restored truck, Jerry can sell it site unseen because of his rep. That's also why he gets the big money. Btw i bought my blaze from JB long time ago. Traded a rust free 4x4 driver blaze for it(and a couple of dollars). If you ever have the chance to visit his shop, it's amazing. I spent two days their, he finally told me to leave so he can get back to work.
I just don't have the time/desire to put one together right now. I am out there looking all over for a nice driver but I'm being picky and waiting for a STEAL of a deal

I sold this frame last Saturday (he already paid me) and he's supposed to pick it up this Saturday. I think the cab's sold also to Dantip pending final details and he'll make it into a NICE truck I'm sure

I do understand the value of the rep of Jerry and Gary. That's why I abandoned this one....no way I'd get top dollar for a non numbers matching truck. I know both of them know more than I will even forget about these trucks and have done a lot to further the love we all have for 67-72's. The funny thing I've heard is that Jerry gets/got a lot of his restored parts from Gary and turns around and makes a profit selling them