View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 06:55 PM   #81
jewels.

while replacing the HEI, i managed to bust my heater core by sitting on the hose! oh well - another project for another day

fine69 took my truck for a test drive to see how the HEI was working (it turns out that some of the wires were in the incorrect firing order - so it ran really bad to start out). but after that was fixed, fine69 decided that my truck ran like a piece of SH**, so he decided everything on it needed to be fixed or tuned. first, he handmade some bushing for my 3-on-the-tree linkages

nice work! he had a really hard time getting this shifting linkage adjusted --- they worked on it for a couple of hours!

then he adjusted the linkages on the top as well:

finally, mike (fine69) decided that my steering column was turned wrong, causing my shifter linkage not to work properly, so he climbed under the dash to try and fix it.... longhornmail (andy), longhornjeff (jeff), and the other jeff were also helpin out...

on another test drive, mike (fine69) decided that my steering column had too much play, so he tighted it up.

and on another test drive, mike (fine69) decided my clutch needed adjusted up, so he fixed that.

and on another test drive, mike (fine69) decided that the gears were grinding too much when i shifted, so he adjusted that, and gave me a good lesson in how to properly shift a 3-on-the-tree (i guess i have been driving a poorly adjusted one for 10 years! )