View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #2526
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Refitted my fuel pipes to the carb along with my shiny new billet specialities fuel filter to replace the fire hazard glass one I fitted a few years back. I then took the water-pump off, cleaned it up, degreased it, and now its ready for a coat of POR15 Chevy orange paint tomorrow, I also cleaned up the front of the engine and may well paint that too whilst I have access, not the ideal way to do it piecemeal but it's going to be a while before the engine ever gets pulled out to paint it properly and frankly at the moment its damnned ugly. The chrome timing chain cover seems to be missing a couple of bolts that I need to find from somewhere and it need s a bit of de-rusting and a polish to make it look half reasonable. I picked out a spot to mount the derale electric fan controller I bought and realised I need to get a 1/2" NPt to 3/8" NPT reducer to fit the sender into the intake.

Tomorrow I shall be pulling the radiator out to clean it up and paint it, removing the small bodged on electric fan to replace it with a proper aluminium shroud (which I still need to make) and big electric fan from a Volvo T5. Then it all needs wiring up. After that I might just be ready to fill up all the fluids and fire her up!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission