View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #75
WIDESIDE72

Re: New Project 1955 1st series 5 window 3100 S10 frame swap

On a positive note, I ran into an old family friend at the funeral, and he and his family were cleaning up at his mother in laws place in the same town my folks lived in. His MIL had passed away last month, and he asked me if I still fooled around with old cars. I sad, "more than ever". He offered me the old advance design truck that I used to ride in in the early 70's with his MIL an FIL to check on there cows at another pasture about 15 mi from town. I think it is a 51 or 52. I have seen recently, it has been sitting in that same pasture since the late 70's and is too far rusted to restore, but I plan to make it into "yard art" by planting honey suckle in the bed. It is a five window and I robbed the corner glass out for spares for my 55 1st series. It still has "Edna Lumber Co." painted on the doors". Pic to follow...soon? He also has a 63 Impala SS he bought new parked next to it, rusty from sitting out, but near perfect stainless, and good interior minus the covers. His kids pulled the 327 out years ago, but it is probably somehwhere around there too. The car was parked because it was burning oil and I guess they just thought it was an "old car". I don't know if he will part with the SS or not. I have had several instances in the past to buy project cars and use his for parts, but he wouldn't sell. The one I remember most was a $2k (!) 63 SS from a body shop that did an excellent black paint job on the car with no interior or trim (The owner brought it to him stripped of trim and interior and died before it was done.) The heirs had no interest in the car, and the shop owner tried to buy the parts from his heirs, but they had let someone clean out the garage and sold the parts for scrap. The car would have been too expensive (for me, at least) to put back togehter without a parts car.

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 10-15-2011 at 12:03 AM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote