View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #37
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: How I found My Truck...What's your story...?

Well, my story is kinda similar to Chevyrestoguy's. As my aquired '65 basket case was turning into a giant paper work mountain, I began looking for a complete truck I could drive and work on as I go, WITH a title. I found my '65 longbed in the Reno Nv craigslist. The old guy I got it from had pulled it from a farm a few years back and got it running. He was driving it to work and back daily until the snow hit. He and his wife were looking into traveling a bit and had just bought a new motor home and tow jeep so he wasn't going to have time to work on the truck. Said all he wanted was for someone to buy it that wanted to restore it and enjoy it as a classic pickup. I took it for a drive, fell in love, made an offer, and drove it home. According to the old guy I am the third owner and the truck spent most of it's life in the high Sierra desert.

While the truck is not a family eirloom or anything, the way I got the cash to buy it makes it very special to me. My grandmother passed recently and left us all with a small inheritance. In my envelope was a letter my grandma had written before she passed. In short (I'll spare all the details), she said that she had hoped that since I was the only one who takes after her late husband (my grandfather), I would take some of the cash and put it into a classic car or truck I would enjoy. None of the rest of my family does much with cars, and my grandpa was always tinkering and building old hot rods. To me that truck means more than any other thing I could have been left, cuz I'm always riding with grandpa and grandma.

Here she is just a day or two after getting her home.
Name:  dside03202011.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  37.3 KB

Last edited by fryer1979; 07-29-2011 at 07:23 AM. Reason: forgot picture
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote